A very delicious vanilla cake with an easy whipped cream and fresh fruit
Here you have one of my easiest recipes on Annetteskager. It is a perfect vanilla cake with a cream made of heavy cream and condensed milk. On top I have tasty and beautiful fresh berries. Whats not to like ♥
This cake recipe is perfect, if you are in a hurry and the guests are coming soon. The cake do of course need to cool, before adding the whipped vanilla cream, but the cream and preparing the berries dosen’t take that long.
I think that this cake will fit any occasion, and especially in the summertime when you perhaps can pick the berries from your own garden.
Ingredients for vanilla cake (fits a 10 inch baking pan)
50 g/ 1/4 cup, half a stick of butter
150 ml/ 2/3 cup whole milk
200 g/ 1 cup caster sugar
190 g/ 1 + 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 vanilla bean
Preheat oven to 356F. Line a 10 inch baking pan with parchment.
- Add milk and butter in a saucepan and warm gently. We don’t want it too hot, we just want the butter to melt.
- Scrape out the vanilla seeds and place them with the sugar and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until white and airy.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Add flour and milk alternately to the eggs. It is important that the milk is not too hot, it will cause the dough to melt and the cake will not become airy.
- Pour the dough into a lined baking pan and bake it for approx. 25 minutes. Use a cake tester, perhaps a toothpick, and see if it comes out clean. If it does, the cake is done.
- Cool the vanilla cake completely.
Ingredients for vanilla cream
250 ml/ 1 cup heavy cream
200 g condensed milk (half a can)
1/2 vanilla bean
Lots of fresh berries for decorating
Keep the condensed milk in the refrigerator before use.
- Scrape out the vanilla seeds and add it in the bowl you want to whip the cream in.
- Add heavy cream and condensed milk and whip it up.
- Spread the cream on top of the cake base and decorate with freshly rinsed and cut berries.
- You can decorate the cake before servering it, just keep it cold until it is served.
Use the berries that you love the most, and perhaps some small chocolates on top of the cake.