Today I have baked these delicious crunchy Smarties cookies.
I simply love baking cookies. They are both easy to make and they bake really fast.
So, if you are in the mood for baking but not in the mood for spending ages in the kitchen, making loads of dirty dishes, then I would recommend these amazing cookies with Smarties as an addition to the usual chocolate chips.
I know it’s not the first time someone made cookies with Smarties or M&Ms, but this was my first time ever.
Smarties and M&M’s come in a large variety of colors and it’s amazing what they can do for an ordinary cookie batter, when you chop them up coarsely and mix them into the batter with the chocolate chips.
If you are baking for a special occasion, you can sort the colors of your chocolates accordingly.
I also have another easy recipe for ordinary chocolate chip cookies here on Annetteskager. They are also a favorite.
Ingredients for Smarties cookies (Approx. 24 smaller size cookies)
2/3 cup (140 g) brown sugar
1 stick (4 oz/110 g) of butter, room temperature
1 3/8 cup (170 g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
½ cup (3 oz/70 g) dark chocolate or chocolate chips
½ cup (3 oz/76 g) of colorful Smarties
1 egg, room temperature
Preheat your conventional oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Take out the butter and eggs from the refrigerator, a while before baking your chocolate cookies.
- If you are not using chocolate chips, coarsely chop the dark chocolate.
- To make the Smarties visible in the cookie dough chop them coarsely, so each Smartie is divided into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Measure the brown sugar, butter, flour, vanilla sugar and salt. Mix it well into a uniform cookie dough in a stand mixer or bowl.
- Add the egg and mix it well into the cookie dough.
- Add the dark chocolate and chopped Smarties and mix it well.
- Use 2 teaspoons (depending on how large you like your cookies) and place small balls of cookie dough on the lined baking sheet, approx. 8 cookies per sheet. The cookies will flatten a bit during baking so space them out evenly. I bake only one sheet at a time so I keep the dough often in the refrigerator in-between bakes.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for approx. 12 minutes. Check the cookies from time to time. Take them out of the oven when they are starting to turn lightly golden at the edges.
- Let them cool on a rack.
- Proceed with the rest of the dough when the baking sheet has cooled slightly.
prefer to store the cookies in a cookie tin lined with parchment paper, carefully wrap your cookies before you put the lid on the tin.
Delicious Smarties Cookies
At our home these cookies do not last long but they will keep fresh for 4-5 days. You can also freeze them for later.