My recipe for Raspberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes are sooooo delicious
I have used a topping of Italian meringue on my raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes, so white and pretty. Personally, I just love to combine tart and sweet in a cake. I think that eating a cake should be a very speciel moment. Something you do when you have time to sit down and relax. Do you know that moment, when people take a bite of a cake? Silence….. and then “MMMMmmmmmmm”. I just love that moment, when I bring cake to someone.
Ingredients for raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes (approx 24 cupcakes)
115 g/ 1 stick unsalted butter
350 g/ 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
2 big eggs
320 g/ 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
300 ml/ 1 1/4 cup whole milk
125 g/ 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen, thawed to room temperature)
100 g/ 2/3 cup white chocolate, chopped, or as white chocolate chips
Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature before you start.
- Split the vanilla bean down the middle and scrape out all the beautiful seeds. Add them to the sugar.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla seeds until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing well in between.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk to the egg mixture in 3 turns, stirring in between.
- Finally, carefully fold raspberries and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour your batter into cupcake cups, approx. 1 cm from the rim.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool completely before adding the frosting.
Ingredients for Italian meringue frosting (for approx. 15 cupcakes with a medium swirl)
150 g/ 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
80 g/ 1/4 cup egg whites
50 ml water
- Combine water and sugar in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Let it boil until it reaches about 120°Celcius. Using a candy thermometre at this point will make this easier for you.
- When the temperature is getting close (about 110°C), start beating your egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. I use my KitchenAid for this.
- When the sugar syrup reaches the 120° C, slowly pour it into the egg whites i a very thin stream while still beating slowly.
- Now turn your mixer up to full speed and leave it running for a while. The meringue will form glossy, very firm peaks.
- When your Italian meringue is finished, transfer it to your piping bag and decorate your cupcakes with pretty swirls.
A fluffy delicious frosting
I love this kind of frosting without butter. I think it adds a perfect lightness to the cupcakes, and the sweet taste of meringue is just perfect with raspberries. Decorate with pretty sprinkles and your raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes are ready to serve.