Do you love cheesecake? Are you searching for a recipe on a no bake cheesecake with lots of fresh raspberries?
Look no further, I have the perfect no bake raspberry cheesecake recipe for you. This is probably, after my own opinion, the best cake ever. It is soooo easy and yet soooo delicious, I just love it.
The crunchy crust in my cheesecake recipe, contains crispy crushed All-Bran Regular from Kellogg’s, crushed oatmeal biscuits, roughly chopped white chocolate and of course melted butter to keep it all together. You can replace the oatmeal cookies with another type of cookie/biscuit you like.
I personally think, that Digestive are too sweet, therefor this cheesecake crust is without Digestive. But of course you can do, as you please.
Ingredients for raspberry cheesecake
Made in a 8 inch springform pan (20 cm), serves 12
The cheesecake crust
2 cups/ 150 g Kellogg’s All-Bran Regular
1 cup/ 150 g oatmeal biscuits/cookies (or what you prefer)
3/4 cup/ 100 g white chocolate
1/2 cup/ 120 g unsalted butter
- Melt the butter at low heat.
- Roughly chop the white chocolate
- Mix Kellog’s All Bran Regular and oatmeal biscuits together in a bowl. You can break the biscuits in half to make the next step easier.
- Now crush the mixture well in the bowl. I use a meat hammer, but use what you find suitable. Just make sure that you stop crushing when you have coarse crumbs. We want the crust to be rustic.
- Now pour the melted butter over the mixture a little at a time and mix it all together well. Keep going until the butter is well incorporated in you cheesecake crust.
- Add the chopped white chocolate and mix it well with the rest of the cheesecake crust.
- Place the springform pan without the base, on a cake plate. I love cake plates and I have a lot different to choose from.
- Pour the crust mixture into the springform pan and with the back of a spoon, press it down firmly. I like when it’s not all “sharp” and even, it gives the cake that rustic look. But again do as you please.
- Now, put the cheesecake crust in the refrigerator to set, it dosen’t take that long. The melted butter will make the crust set up quickly.
A piece of raspberry cheesecake, please…..
Ingredients for the raspberry mousse
1 2/3 cup/ 400 g cream cheese (not a light product)
2/3 cup/ 70 g confectioners sugar
1 cup/ 250 ml heavy cream
1/2 cup/ 100 ml sour cream (mine is a 38%)
1 vanilla bean
2 7/8 cups/ 200 g fresh raspberries + the rest for decorating the top of the cake
- Split the vanilla bean in the middle and scrape out the beautiful and tasty vanilla seeds. Place them in a medium bowl with the cream cheese.
- With a handheld mixer or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese soft, to avoid any lumps in the finished cheesecake.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, the fresh raspberries as well.
- Whip it all together until the cream cheese mousse has thicken and is delicious creamy. Because of the raspberries, this mousse will get a beautiful pink colour. It dosen’t matter, if you have som bigger lumps of raspberries in the mousse. I think it adds a pretty finish to the cake.
- Take the cold cheesecake crust out of the fridge.
- Pour the raspberry cheesecake mousse over the crust in the springform pan. Use a spatular if needed, we want the top of the cake to be even.
- Now place your no bake raspberry cheesecake in the refrigerator and leave it to set. It should be ready in 3-4 hours.
Serving the finished raspberry cheesecake
Take your cake out of the fridge and prepare the raspberries. You should rinse them, but only under running water if they are not too soft. You could crush them, and we want hole and beautiful clean raspberries. Make sure to dry them before placing them on the cake.
There are many ways to decorate a cake, but again I like the rustic look. My raspberries are placed randomly in the middle of the cake, no fancy decorating here. But still very pretty, I just love the pink colours.
You can go crazy with the decorating if you want to. Perhaps some whipped cream and a piping bag, can do something pretty to this cake too. I think I will try that next time.