I have made a really easy and delicious recipe for chocolate frosting. It is not to sweet and sooooo smooth and fluffy.
This this chocolate buttercream is perfect as a cupcake frosting, but it is also delicious on top of a chocolate sheet cake.
I love this frosting of many reasons. The first reason is that it contains, well chocolate………, the next reason is that it is probably the most smooth and fluffy frosting I have ever tasted.
I made this chocolate frosting recipe because I think that it is a generel trend that everything has to bee so SO sweet. I am not a big fan of to sweet, I want to taste the ingredients. I do have powdered sugar in my recipe, but not as much as in other recipes you can find on the internet. Especially in american recipes.
Make sure not to add all of the milk at once, or else you could end out with a runny frosting.
Ingredients for chocolate frosting
200 g/ 7/8 cup butter
360 g/ 3 cups powdered sugar
50 g/ 1/2 cup cocoa powder
150 g/ 7/8 cup dark chocolate
50 ml/ 1/4 cup milk (you could also use coffee for a mocha taste)
- Melt the chocolate.
- Warm up the milk at bit, we are using it to adjust the consistency of the frosting. But not too warm, we don’t want the frosting to melt.
- Whip the butter nice and soft.
- Add cocoa and powdered sugar to the butter and whip carefully so you don’t end up with a powdered sugar cloud in your kitchen.
- Add the melted chocolate, but make sure it is not hot. Whip again.
- Add some of the warm milk and keep on whipping. Keep on adding milk until you have the desired consistency. You need a thicker consistency it you want to pipe with the frosting.
- The frosting is now ready for use. If you don’t want to use it right away, you can put it in the refrigerator for later use. Just remember, that you have to whip it up again before use.
You can easily store this chocolate frosting in the refrigerator for a week or a month in the freezer.
A cake coated with chocolate frosting